Monday, June 8, 2015

No kids, No worries!


It's 2015 and tomorrow will be our 3rd year wedding anniversary. We are now on our 3rd year, happy couple, living and working in Qatar.

We are childfree for 3 years by choice and because of circumstances. To our close friends, especially to our relatives, I feel their urgency and their pressure even right after the day we got married and our only defense is patience.  Though the right timing to conceive is not yet here for us, we consider it as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve as an individual, and as a partner.

In 3 years, I'm happy to share that marriage is challenging but rewarding. It isn't just about you and your husband or your kids, there's more to it..  In our relationship, there are common marital challenges that needs improvement, like money, budgeting, financial planning and time management.

During this favorable time, we started to build up our relationship. We do not look for perfections but we always make sure to move up with encouragements and improvements. Other than learning, this is also a good chance to know your partner's attitude, beliefs and opinions while you plan together for the future.

To conclude, our 3 years is fruitful. I have learned a lot of things. From financial planning and investing, how to value other people, time, small things, big things and money.  I am overwhelmed and I feel smarter. *wink*

Everyday is a test, but now I am challenge how to weigh and see material things around me, evaluating which are necessities or essentials and which are not.

Right now, I am proud to say that I/we have come a long way.. We are not perfect. I'm always thankful for the all of these time. What I am today is because of my husband. I would never understand what he wants for our family if we didn't have this time"together". And above all, I always want to thank God for all these moments. We are still praying that later on, He will bless us with kids in His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment